Retro Sundays

This Week in History at Casual Kitchen:

Mastering Kitchen Setup Costs (December 2006)
How to build a well-stocked kitchen at a surprisingly reasonable cost. This post--from the very first month of CK's existence--is one of my all-time most widely-read.

Three Strategies to Create Space in Your Kitchen (December 2007)
Do you have a tiny kitchen? Are you and your family members climbing all over each other rather than cooking? This post is for you.

Pernil: Puerto Rican-Style Roast Pork Shoulder (December 2008)
I'm not kidding when I say that this was one of the best Christmas meals I've ever had in my life. And it's hilariously easy to make.

Mint Melts: Teaching Kids to Cook With an Easy Cookie Recipe (December 2008)
Sure, cookies may not be healthy. But they are an ideal teaching tool to get your kids interested in cooking. Here's how.

Cheap Eats in Honolulu: Nine Inexpensive Restaurants You Should Check Out in Waikiki (December 2009)
Yes, you can find inexpensive meals in one of the USA's most expensive vacation spots. These nine restaurants are by far the best and cheapest restaurants in the Waikiki district of Honolulu.

How Have Your Tastes Changed Compared to Your Parents? (December 2010)
Back in my parents' era, making it to your second bottle of Tabasco meant you'd had a long marriage. Today, Laura and I go through a bottle a month. In this post, readers share the many ways their tastes have changed since growing up and leaving their parents' homes.


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

No comments: