CK Friday Links--Friday September 6, 2013

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Easy, homemade Pickled Jalapenos/Chiles en Vinagre. (Mexico In My Kitchen)

Nostalgia is BS... and the "good old days" never actually happened. (Ombailamos)

Should you bother to post a negative book review? (Jessica Bell, via Elizabeth Craig) This author doesn't, but I do--especially if there's something important to learn from the key weaknesses in the book. My harsh review of Tim Ferriss's The 4-Hour Chef was an example.

Ten recommended books on relationships. (Love My Life Right Now) Sidenote: Laura and I got quite a lot of value out of both Love and Respect and The 5 Love Languages.

Google Glass is a new frontier in human rudeness, inattention, and danger. (CNET)

Use the 2 Minute Rule to stop procrastinating and build new healthy habits. (Buffer, via 50by25)

Do you have an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
For those readers interested in supporting Casual Kitchen, the easiest way is to do so is to do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site. You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

2 comments:

chacha1 said...

thanks for the link!

re: negative reviews: I generally don't bother unless it is a book I really like overall in which just one thing troubles me. I'm about to call an author out on that b/c she keeps doing the same thing and I can't help wondering if it's intentional or if she just doesn't realize she's doing it.

Of course if she doesn't read the reviews this will be a wasted effort, but the same thing might trouble other readers, so ... .

Daniel said...

Any time Chacha. I liked that post and I think you're absolutely right.

And I hadn't thought about the fact that if you write a negative review and warn readers *away* from a bad book, you're doing somewhat of a service to humanity, aren't you?

DK