CK Friday Links--Friday October 23, 2009

Here's yet another selection of particularly interesting links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts and your feedback.

PS: follow me on Twitter!

*************************
How to master portion control for the rest of your life. (Epic Self)

Everyone thinks locavorism is elitist. Here's why it's not. (Chews Wise)

The art of eating meditation: a way to wake up to the miracle of ordinary life. (Eat Your Way to Enlightenment via @CdnFoodieGirl)

Some easy rules of thumb you can use to make sure your seafood is sustainably harvested. (Dad Cooks Dinner)

Apartment dwellers! Set up a laundry room exchange to encourage reuse and sharing of unwanted household items. (Irish Attic)

Recipe Links:
An easy and visually stunning Leek and Spinach Frittata. (Sprouted Kitchen)

Lobster prices are at 20 year lows right now, yielding a surprisingly inexpensive recipe for Bargain Basement Lobster Risotto. Just $2.49 per serving! (REC(ession)IPES)

Simple and easy-to-make Middle-Eastern comfort food: Mujadarrah (The Kitchen Mouse)

Off-Topic Links:
This week's unsolicited book recommendation: The Sedona Method by Hale Dwoskin. I'm halfway through it and already it's revolutionized how I think about stressful feelings and emotions. I can't recommend this book highly enough.

On achieving a quiet mind. (Ben Casnocha's Blog)

The four kinds of friends you need in your life. (HuffPost)

Why Christmas gift giving is a deadweight loss for the economy. (Wall Street Journal)

A male blogger tries to argue that the feminism pendulum has swung too far (note: it's long and in two parts--stay with it). (Dating Secrets for Men)

Do you have an interesting article or recipe that you'd like to see featured in Casual Kitchen's Food Links? Send me an email!



How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd write a longer comment but I'm off to pick up a copy of the Sedona Method ASAP.Next week is going to be crazy!

Daniel said...

Good luck next week Dana! I've found that book to be truly useful.

DK

Amber Zuckswert said...

thanks so much for the link and shout out! much appreciated :D