Retro Sundays--And a Thank You to Readers

With Casual Kitchen today entering its fourth year, I've created a new weekly series called Retro Sundays to help readers easily navigate the very best of this blog's enormous back catalog of content. Each Retro Sundays column will serve up a selection of the best articles and essays from this week in history here at CK. Readers (especially my newest readers): please let me know if this series provides value to you.

As always, please feel free to explore CK's Recipe Index, the Best Of Casual Kitchen page and my full Index of Posts. You can also receive my updates at Twitter.

One final note: It wouldn't be a real "blogiversary" if I didn't thank you, my readers, for your attention, comments, feedback, thoughts and emails. Your participation has helped Casual Kitchen--and its author--grow and improve. Thank you!

******************************
This Week in History at Casual Kitchen:

Why I'm a Part-Time Vegetarian (December 2006)
The very first post ever at Casual Kitchen, in which I explain one of CK's bedrock concepts. This post also features a spectacular Spanish Chickpea Soup recipe.

Why You Should Never Use Cooking Wine (December 2006)
An angry rant that features an excellent and easy recipe for Casbah Curried Chicken.

Shrimp in Garlic Sauce (Camarones al Ajillo) (December 2007)
Possibly the easiest and best recipe in this entire blog. Mind-numbingly good.

Pasta with Roasted Red Pepper Sauce (December 2008)
This recipe puts an interesting tweak on traditional pasta sauce and it's quite a bit cheaper than the store-bought jarred stuff.

How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

4 comments:

Joanne said...

Happy four year anniversary Daniel! And here's to another four! I really like your retro sunday idea, especially since I haven't read many of the older posts.

Daniel said...

Thanks Joanne! Thank you for all your comments and insights.

DK

Melissa said...

Congratulations and best wishes as you begin your fourth year of CK. You know how much I appreciate your site and how much I appreciate your intelligence and humor. I hope you are around for many more years to come!

****NOTE TO READERS***

Heed the editorial remarks about the shrimp in garlic sauce and MAKE THIS DISH. SO GOOD!

Daniel said...

Thanks Melissa. I'm blushing over here. You are the greatest.

DK