Retro Sundays

I created the Retro Sundays series to help newer readers easily navigate the very best of this blog's enormous back catalog of content. Each Retro Sundays column serves up a selection of the best articles from this week in history here at Casual Kitchen.

As always, please feel free to explore CK's Recipe Index, the Best Of Casual Kitchen page and my full Index of Posts. You can also receive my updates at Twitter.

******************************
This Week in History at Casual Kitchen:

Tapas-Style Potato Chips (May 2008)
I can barely do justice attempting to describe the sheer fun of making these. You'll never go back to store-bought chips!

How to Lie About the Soda Tax (May 2009)
In which I expose a textbook example of data-mining and manipulated statistics in the New York Times. Things are not always as they seem.

What Have You Given Up That You Don't Miss? (May 2009)
We're in a bad recession, and the thought of cutting back on unnecessaries doesn't seem quite so quaint anymore. But what we found out was that we didn't really miss the things we cut back on.

Dealing with Trolls (May 2009)
Once you have your very own troll dedicated to criticizing you, you can say you've truly arrived as a real blogger. Read this post for two ways to handle trolls.


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

No comments: