Retro Sundays

I created the Retro Sundays series to help newer readers easily navigate the very best of this blog's enormous back catalog of content. Each Retro Sundays column serves up a selection of the best articles from this week in history here at Casual Kitchen. As always, please feel free to explore CK's Recipe Index, the Best Of Casual Kitchen page and my full Index of Posts. You can also receive my updates at Twitter.
******************************
This Week in History at Casual Kitchen:

Let Them Eat Cake! Thoughts About Wealth, Power and the Food Industry (April 2010)
A few centuries ago it was nearly impossible for the average person to get enough food. Why is it, then, that today the average person gets too much?

Just Say No to Overpriced Boxed Cereal (April 2009)
Where I expose some of the noxious marketing methods practiced in the cereal industry, and explain why we've banned these pernicious salt and sugar laden quasi-foods from our home.

Almost Meatless: Cookbook Review (April 2009)
By far--and I mean really far--the best cookbook of 2009. Here's my rabidly positive review.

Austrian Cuisine: Viennese Potato Soup (Wiener Kartoffelsuppe) (April 2008)
It's funny, sometimes you forget about your own posts on your own blog. And as soon as I saw this recipe, not only did I know I had to feature it in a Retro Sundays post... I also wanted to cook it ASAP. An easy, comforting and absolutely delicious recipe.

Bad Vision: The Four Worst Diet Habits for Eye Health (April 2008)
The foods you eat--and how well you take care of your body--can have a meaningful impact on your vision. Here are four key things to avoid.

The French Press (April 2007)
Ironically, I had my first cup of French press coffee in England of all places, and my entire universe changed irrevocably. PS: Try and overlook my tasteless humour about English dental care.



How can I support Casual Kitchen? If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

No comments: