CK Friday Links--Friday June 1, 2012

Here's yet another selection of interesting links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts and your feedback.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
A 9-year-old blogs photos of her school's gross lunches... and successfully shames her school's administrators into improving the food. (Grist)

Don't fear working out in public. People aren't staring at you--they're hoping you keep at it. (344 Pounds)

Three common raw food myths--busted! (Karen Knowler)

Stuck with lots of small, random leftovers in your fridge? Use the "Tapas Trick." (Stonesoup)

Recipe Links:
Yet another branded cookie you can replicate in your own home: Homemade Nutter-Butters. (Kitchen Belleicious)

A striking Pesto Coated Carrot and Parsnip Fettuccine recipe from the brand new cookbook Eat Raw, Eat Well. (Easy Eats)

A delicious dish that's popular all over Greece: Stapetsada. (Kalofagas)

Off-Topic Links:
The ways in which we limit ourselves. (Revolution From Home, via Leto's Passion)

What I learned was everything compounds. (Blair Livingston)

A writer overcomes a phobia that nearly destroyed his career. (The Green Water Blog)

Liberate yourself from mental overload by using a To-Don't list. (The Next Web)





Do you have an interesting article or recipe that you'd like to see featured in Casual Kitchen's Food Links? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

3 comments:

Tragic Sandwich said...

I have to say that the post about working out is absolutely true, as is your comment. I'm not in shape by any means, but when I see someone who is really overweight, I'm always impressed that they've chosen to be active. It's not easy.

Melissa said...

Everything Compounds is a great, great lesson, in every area of life. Good reminder.

I absolutely loved The Ways in Which We Limit Ourselves article. I really needed to hear some of that today. Much. Thanks, Dan.

Daniel said...

Thanks to both of you for the feedback. Agreed on those articles too. 344 Pounds has a great knack for boiling down the truth, and I thought he nailed it in that post about working out.

And Melissa, really happy to hear you got extra value out of the articles this week. Thanks as always for reading.

DK