CK Friday Links--Friday August 31, 2012

Here's yet another selection of interesting links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts and your feedback.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Here's what I say to those readers offended by how I feed my picky kids. (Dad Cooks Dinner)

What should I eat? How to make the best food choices. (Bite Me Kitchen)

How to lose weight. (344 Pounds)

The two forgotten keys to fat loss. (Livestrong)

Recipe Links:
The center will crack; it's the natural order of things: Tender Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread. (5 Second Rule)

Make in 30 minutes: Tunisian Tomato Lentil Stew. (Beyond the Peel) Bonus Post: 3-Minute, Dairy Free Coconut Whipped Cream.

An easy, healthy one-pot recipe: Mexican Chile Bowls. (Alosha's Kitchen)

Off-Topic Links:
Unsolicited book recommendation of the week: In memory of Neil Armstrong, I've got to recommend The Right Stuff, a spectacular book by Tom Wolfe about the the test pilots and astronauts who led the USA's space program through its earliest days. A great read.

Don't be an inauthentic jerk and hire someone to ghost-write your blog posts. (The Reformed Broker)

Why is Twitter boring? Because you made it that way. (Mediabistro)

Raising minimalist teenagers in an age of consumerism. (Zen Habits)





Do you have an interesting article or recipe that you'd like to see featured in Casual Kitchen's Food Links? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

2 comments:

Jen Blacker said...

I understand what the dad in the first blog is going through. I'm lucky, I started my kid on the "try it you might like it" mindset and he does at least try. He eats all kinds of good fruits and veggies...and also eats all kinds of donuts and mac and cheese.

I go through this with my husband. He hates "healthy" food, refuses to try new things, won't even try a new veggie. He'll just eat peas/carrots/corn. At least he eats them fresh now and not out of a can.

Every kid and person is different. My taste buds as a kid were terrible but I grew to like almost everything.

Except mint, that's just terrible!

chacha1 said...

I support the recommendation for "The Right Stuff." It was one of the first adult nonfiction books I ever read and it's fantastic.

After that: "Apollo 13" and "Failure is Not an Option."
:-)