CK Friday Links--Friday January 11, 2013

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
What about the Asian Paradox? If carbs make you fat, how can Asian countries consume so much white rice and noodles yet remain thin? (Mark's Daily Apple)

Just eat the damn brownie already! (Rookie, via Alosha's Kitchen)

Big goals--like weight loss--are accomplished in a series of small victories. (344 Pounds) Also: Tyler's got a new book out! 344 Pounds: How I Lost 125 Pounds by Counting Calories

Recipe Links:
Easy, unusual and delicious: Clementine Cake. (Nigella Lawson, via Cream Puffs in Venice)

Intriguing mix of southern USA and Italian cuisine: Hoppin' John Risotto. (The Kitchn)

Off-Topic Links:
"Because we had no money we looked for reasons to hate those who did." (Expatriated Consumer)

2012 was the best year of my life. And I have an earth-shattering failure to thank for it. (Dana Richardson)

Please don't interrupt. (Steve Pavlina)

Do you have an interesting article or recipe? Want a little extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!



How can I support Casual Kitchen?
For those readers interested in supporting Casual Kitchen, the easiest way is to do so is to do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site. You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love the Asian Paradox article. I eat a ton of rice, as I'm sure anyone who knows/reads me for a week can tell, but a) I am also extremely active and b) I put a whole lot of wonderful nutritious stuff on top of that rice. I can understand that is not the case for everyone, but I loathe when people cut it out altogether just to "diet" or go carb free. It's frustrating. It doesn't have to be that way.

Thanks also for posting the article from Rookie that I sent. It's a tough lesson for women (and some men). I still struggle.