CK Friday Links--Friday May 17, 2013

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Maybe it's time to swap burgers for bugs. (NPR, via @RadicalOmnivore)

Michael Pollan's new book Cooked is a half-baked parody of foodie intellectualism. (Table Matters)

Getting off sugar. (Eating Rules)

Population bomb? Nope. Not even close. (Carpe Diem)

The holy and demonic pull of writing. (VQR)

Facebook isn't frying your brain. You are. (Synapses, via @hohlistic)

A 30-day trial of only 30 minutes of internet a day. (Quick Writing Tips)

The secret to wealth? Realizing how little money it really takes to lead an extremely rich life. (Mr. Money Moustache)



Do you have an interesting article or recipe? Want a little extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
For those readers interested in supporting Casual Kitchen, the easiest way is to do so is to do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site. You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

3 comments:

chacha1 said...

Swap burgers for bugs:

No.

Daniel said...

Same here. But that's one heck of a headline, though, isn't it? :)

DK

chacha1 said...

There are a lot of things in this world that are technically edible ... but I think there are good reasons (and not just cultural ones) why certain things are left behind as societies get more prosperous.

IMO, this includes okra.

In the U.S., we would never be able to do that (swap bugs for burgers) anyway, because our entire insect population is pretty much contaminated with poisons.