CK Friday Links--Friday May 31, 2013

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
If you over-restrict your kids' foods, are you just laying a foundation for future eating disorders? (100 Days of Real Food)

Thinking though the real impact of food prices spikes. (EpiAnalysis)

Simple rules for foraging outdoors. (My Humble Kitchen)

Ten popular discontinued soda brands. (10 Most Unknown) Related from CK's archives: Survivor Bias: Why "Big Food" Isn't As Evil As You Think It Is.

Recipe Links:
Easy and healthy: Cumin-Lime Chickpea Salad. (Alosha's Kitchen)

An easy One-Pot Cumin and Smoked Paprika Chicken with Potatoes recipe. (Cookin' Canuck)

Off-Topic Links:
Book rec of the week: The Dhandho Investor by Mohnish Pabrai. A short and exceptional book on mastering value investing. Approachable, easy to read and filled with great investing insights. Best investing book I've read this year.

Why you should always avoid unnecessary medical procedures. (A Country Doctor Writes)

How obedient are you? (Steve Pavlina)



Do you have an interesting article or recipe? Want a little extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
For those readers interested in supporting Casual Kitchen, the easiest way is to do so is to do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site. You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the memory, I love, love, loved 7-up Gold! (I was only a kid when it was sold, so my buying power was limited...)

& I think you can still get chocolate soda - but canfield?

(I gave up soda last summer cold turkey, but the memories...)

Melissa said...

Thanks for the link, Dan. Had to figure you'd love that one. ;) I really have been eating it as a daily snack, alternating that and my tabbouleh, and it's not getting old AT ALL. :)

Daniel said...

Any time Melissa! That recipe was made for CK, without a doubt. :)

DK