CK Friday Links--Friday August 23, 2013

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Time to get pickling! Spicy Pickled Dill Carrots. (Dad Cooks Dinner)

An inexpensive and intriguing Turkish Pilaf recipe. (My Humble Kitchen) Bonus: 21 Zucchini Recipes. (!)

What every parent should know about food marketing to kids. From the author of French Kids Eat Everything. (Karen Le Billon)

A dietitian weighs in on the surprising health benefits of four common spices. (A Life of Spice)

Don't wash your chicken. (DrexelNow, via Steve Tallant)

Four myths about the Glycemic Index. (Fooducate). Bonus: 2012 was the year with the lowest soda consumption since... 1987!

The beauty of making deliberate mistakes. (99U)

The "common belief" fallacy, and why you shouldn't fear your electric fan. An excerpt from David McRaney's brand new book You Are Now Less Dumb. (Big Think)





Do you have an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
For those readers interested in supporting Casual Kitchen, the easiest way is to do so is to do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site. You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: