CK Friday Links--Friday August 9, 2013

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
How to filet a fish. (Table Matters)

The top five myths of GMO seeds, busted. (NPR) For your own good, skip the comments--you'll lose your faith in the critical thinking skills of your fellow humans.

Looking to cut costs by substituting meats and fish in a recipe? Here are two golden rules. (Stonesoup)

We're raising a nation of wimps. (Psychology Today)

Curing your clown-like car habit. (Mr. Money Mustache)

Ditch the mythology of the financial crisis and look at the real culprit. (Harvard Business Review)

Book Recommendation: The Spirit of Enterprise by George Gilder. This was a surprisingly inspiring book on the role of entrepreneurs in an economy. I loved it. It's a somewhat obscure book: you might have to buy it used (or get it from your local library), but very much worth a read to understand the nature of our economy's primary engine.

Speaking of books: Which author appears twice on Bill Gates' summer reading list? (Quartz) Related: Here's Gates' full reading list.





Do you have an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
For those readers interested in supporting Casual Kitchen, the easiest way is to do so is to do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site. You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: