CK Friday Links--Friday March 21, 2014

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
The proposed nutrition label changes do very little. (A Sweet Life)

Want to guess the impact soda taxes have on obesity? Zero. (Jayson Lusk)

The irony and senselessness of "anti-monoculture mania." (Butterflies and Wheels)

Why breakfast is getting more expensive. (Financial Times)

Cooking as an analogy for anti-consumerism. (Early Retirement Extreme)

How our brains stop us from achieving our goals... and how to fight back. (Lifehacker)

Does thinking negatively affect your performance? (50 by 25)

School is teaching me that putting my head down, keeping my mouth shut, and doing the busy work will get me the grade. (Penelope Trunk)

Why low cost index funds should be your "default portfolio." (Morningstar)

Nicholas Taleb, author of Fooled by Randomness, talks about how to avoid "outcome bias." (Farnam Street) (Sidenote: I’m plowing though Taleb's latest book Antifragile and simply love it.)

Exceptional interview with Bill Gates on conquering poverty, saving the environment and why he's so optimistic. (Rolling Stone)






Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: