CK Links--Friday September 5, 2014

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
What I learned taking a homeless mother grocery shopping. (Babble, via 50by25)

Useful factsheet on transfats. (Fooducate)

Pennsylvania's state monopoly over booze is doomed. (1 Wine Dude)

If you look at fax tax/soda tax policy from the consumer standpoint only, you're making a grave error. (Jayson Lusk)

A cup of coffee when you first get up won't actually make you feel more awake. (Fast Company)

Sous vide goes mainstream. (Ars Technica)

Why we should seek "anti-mentors." (21st Century Stoic)

Interesting analysis of steampunk as it dilutes itself and moves to the mainstream… right into the latest Pottery Barn catalog. (Grant McCracken)

Are you curious enough to really communicate? (Dr. Jennifer Howard)

Beware status arrogance. (Overcoming Bias)

A compelling and strikingly optimistic take on the economy and the stock market from a former colleague of mine. (Business Insider)

Key cognitive errors to avoid as an investor. (What Works On Wall Street)

Book recommendation: 18 Minutes by Peter Bregman. An easy read, offering practical ideas on how to master distraction and focus your efforts on the most important things. I picked up several extremely useful insights from this book.





Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Oh, I hope they are right about PA and wine! I grew up there, and it bugs me that I cannot order wine to be delivered to my family!