CK Links--Friday January 23, 2015

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************

Why I quit being a vegan. By the author of the excellent cookbook Almost Meatless. (The Kitchn)

Related: Here's CK's review of Almost Meatless. Conclusion? I loved it.

Can haggis solve obesity? A humorous, helpful exercise in logic fallacies. (The Mirror, via Addicted to Canning)

Mark Bittman on the "state of food." Interesting to see Bittman anoint himself qualified to comment on economics now too. (New York Times)

What happened when the police and CPS investigated a family for letting their kids walk one mile home, alone? (Slate)

If you want to outsmart people who are smarter than you, temperament and life-long learning are far more important than IQ. (Farnam Street)

Optimistic time vs. Honest time. (Seth's Blog)

The difference between exposure and risk and why it matters. (Behavior Gap)

Useful stuff here: How to make impossible and emotionally charged conversations work. (Barking Up the Wrong Tree, via 50by25)

The subtle art of not giving a f*ck. (Mark Manson) Trigger warning: This article, duh, contains the F-word.


Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: