CK Links--Friday March 6, 2015

Aaaaand I'm back with another week's worth of links from around the internet. Thanks for your patience, readers, as I took a one week break last week. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Processed foods are addictive. (MedicalXpress)

"I was reminded again and again of the contempt the self-proclaimed leaders of the food movement have for industrial farmers." (Weekly Standard)

What happens when French cooking school Le Cordon Bleu puts insects on the menu? (Phys.org)

Soda and sugar taxes don't always have the effect we expect. (Jayson Lusk)

Scientists have (finally!) figured out what makes Indian food taste so good. (Washington Post)

Really useful advice here: the FBI's top hostage negotiator teaches you how to lower your bills. (Barking Up The Wrong Tree)

Excellent interview with Mr. Money Mustache. (Vox)

15 fun and inexpensive things to do with friends. (The Simple Dollar)

In the entire history of the human race, no one has ever died of inequality. But far too many have died of poverty. (Carpe Diem)

Six things you must know about how your brain learns. (Crew)

Book recommendation: Influence: The Psychology of Persuasion by Robert Cialdini. Extraordinarily (and I mean extraordinarily) useful book about techniques of compliance and persuasion--and how we can learn to resist them.

Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!





How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: