CK Links--Friday January 8, 2016

Links from around the internet.

Don't forget: The easiest way to support Casual Kitchen is to buy your items at Amazon using the various links here. Just click over to Amazon, and EVERY purchase you make during that visit pays a modest affiliate commission to support my work here. Best of all, this comes at zero extra cost to you. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Our 40-year embrace of "calories in, calories out" has actually contributed to obesity, according to the author of the new book Always Hungry. (Forbes)

Readers, does this ad in any way make you want to buy Campbell's Soup? (Youtube)

Stored fat is a feat of evolution, and your body will fight you to keep it. (The Conversation)

Apropos of the photo from the prior link: The "Headless Fatty" is a staple of news journalism. (Dr. Charlotte Cooper)

Time to decolonize your diet. (San Jose Mercury News, via Mollie Katzen)

Thinking "on the margin" is one of the great personal finance and economics skills. Here's why. (Econlib)

How do I become the kind of person who reads all these books rather than just talks about them? (Farnam Street)

Four experts explain why we love to make year end lists. Intriguing. (Hopes and Fears)





Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: