CK Friday Links--Friday October 16, 2009

Here's yet another selection of particularly interesting links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts and your feedback.

PS: follow me on Twitter!

*************************
One of the best new foods blogs I've seen in a while--both visually stunning and well-written. (Sprouted Kitchen)

Sordid tales of chefs going utterly ballistic on staff members. And I thought Wall Street was bad. (Metromix)

The ugly truth about aspartame, MSG and excitotoxins. (at Scribed, by Truth Publishing)

An all-time classic from Cake Wrecks: The Narcissism Cake. (Cake Wrecks)

My latest kitchen must-have item: The next time you whip up a batch of tropical drinks, impress your friends with ice cubes from these tiki ice cube molds!

Recipe Links:
How to make a basic Pot Roast. (Beach Eats)

A ridiculously easy to make Happiness Soup. (Banging on Pots and Pans)

It might sound odd at first, but trust me, it works: Cocoa-Chile Rubbed Pork Chops. (Coconut & Lime)

An effortless party dish: Scallops and Chorizo. (Kahakai Kitchen)

Off-Topic Links:
Ten things to teach your children about money. (Consumerism Commentary)

Four things you didn't know about unemployment. (A Dash of Insight)

How to answer to the skeptics. (The Art of Nonconformity)

The problem with scientific studies, false positives and drawing conclusions that aren't statistically significant. (The Last Psychiatrist)

Do you have an interesting article or recipe that you'd like to see featured in Casual Kitchen's Food Links? Send me an email!



How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

No comments: