Retro Sundays

I created the Retro Sundays series to help newer readers easily navigate the very best of this blog's enormous back catalog of content. Each Retro Sundays column serves up a selection of the best articles from this week in history here at Casual Kitchen.

As always, please feel free to explore CK's Recipe Index, the Best Of Casual Kitchen page and my full Index of Posts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

******************************
This Week in History at Casual Kitchen:

Catalan Mushroom Soup (Sopa de Bolets) (September 2008)
The Catalan region of Spain is home to some of the world's best food. Here's an intriguing recipe that takes easy-to-find ingredients and combines them into a downright exotic-tasting soup.

How to Make the Best Cornbread. Ever. (September 2008)
I've been making corn bread for years, but I'd never found a recipe that really knocked my socks off. Until now. (PS: be sure to check out my follow-up post with a long list of Corn Bread Recipe Modifications!)

Review: The End of Overeating by David Kessler (September 2009)
In my opinion, David Kessler's The End of Overeating was the best and most influential food industry book of last year. Read it, and you will rethink everything you thought you knew about the food industry.

On the True Value of a Forgotten Restaurant Meal (September 2009)
While going through a pile of restaurant receipts from last year, I experienced a shocking moment of clarity. It caused me to completely redefine what I consider to be a meaningful food experience.

Seven Rules On the Value of an Experience (September 2009)
Rules of thumb that will help you assess whether an experience will be worth the cost. And here's the most important tip on this list: Money spent on experiences you don't remember is wasted money.



How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

No comments: