Retro Sundays

I created the Retro Sundays series to help newer readers easily navigate the very best of this blog's enormous back catalog of content. Each Retro Sundays column serves up a selection of the best articles from this week in history here at Casual Kitchen.

As always, please feel free to explore CK's Recipe Index, the Best Of Casual Kitchen page and my full Index of Posts. You can also receive my updates at Twitter.

******************************
This Week in History at Casual Kitchen:

A Rebuttal of "The Last Bite" (May 2008)
Why Malthusian arguments about the coming collapse of our food supply are always, always wrong. A controversial and extremely popular post from 2008.

Tapas-Style Potato Chips (May 2008)
My girlfriend Daisy, author of the amazing Daisy Cooks! cookbook, teaches us how to make ridiculously amazing homemade potato chips. After you make this recipe, you'll never go back to store-bought chips, ever.

What Have You Given Up That You Don't Miss? (May 2009)
After a lengthy and deep recession, the thought of cutting back on unnecessaries and saving the difference doesn't seem quite so quaint anymore. Here's a list of things that we've given up that we don't even miss anymore. What about you?

Dealing with Trolls (May 2009)
It's a lot easier to take down someone else's work than it is to generate creative work of your own. This, in a nutshell, is why trolls can be so common sometimes. Here's how to handle them.

How to Master Last-Minute Meal Preparation (May 2010)
It's 2:45 PM and I have no clue what to make for dinner tonight. What do you do?





How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

2 comments:

Sally said...

One of the only reasons I go to the State Fair every year is to get some chips much like Daisy's recipe. Apparently I can't remember the name of the place!

I also enjoy making these French Fries. They're a little time consuming, but so worth it:

http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/03/19/an-easy-way-to-make-french-fries/?scp=1&sq=Ed%20Schneider%20french%20fries&st=cse

Daniel said...

Sally, thanks for sharing. I'll give it a try.

DK