CK Friday Links--Friday March 22, 2013

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Are we wasting billions on gluten-free food? Read critically. (Time)

Modern chicken has no flavor, so... let's make it in a lab! (Salon, via Addicted To Canning)

Off-Topic Links:
The New Yorker rejects itself... twice. Why this should encourage you as a writer. (The Review Review, via A Life of Spice)

An intriguing post from a blogger who conducted several striking self-experiments, and then recorded his results and observations. (Raptitude, via I Will Teach You To Be Rich)

A doctor rethinks the value of his time. (A Country Doctor Writes)

In these trying economic times, there's a growing movement of people saving thousands and thousands of dollars a year... just by thinking. (Early Retirement Extreme)

Do you have an interesting article or recipe? Want a little extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
For those readers interested in supporting Casual Kitchen, the easiest way is to do so is to do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site. You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

2 comments:

Stuart Carter said...

the gluten-free article - or rather the comments - egads! Appeals to fad diet du jour, Internets Doctors diagnosing medical issues, people with no issues being told they have issues... ay carumba. What a steaming pile.

chacha1 said...

I didn't read the comments on the TIME article, but the last couple of paragraphs went off on a rather unpleasant tangent.

It was veering toward that Marion Nestle food-manufacturers-are-evil grassy knoll.

Overall a good example of why I don't rely on mainstream "news" publications for health or fitness coverage.