CK Friday Links--Friday March 7, 2014

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Clearly not enough people read my post on the azodicarbonamide controversy, as the "Yoga Mat Sandwich" meme keeps gaining velocity. (Environmental Working Group)

Why nobody drinks orange juice any more. (Quartz) Related from CK's archives: Never From Concentrate? Never again!

Locavores in constant fear of being identified with the "McRib-gobbling proletariat." (St. Louis Magazine)

Disturbingly, nobody field tests organic farms. Nobody. (National Post)

Video footage of animal "hunting kills" is impoverished voyeurism. (A Mindful Carnivore)

Why NONE of us ever takes advice. (Wall Street Journal)

Higher education is a really bad deal for most. (Early Retirement Extreme)

What Jay Leno can teach you about personal finance. (Daily Finance)

Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway annual report usually contains incredibly useful insights for individual investors. This year, see in particular the section titled "Some Thoughts About Investing" on pages 17-20 (pages 19-22 in the PDF)

More on investing: Never, never, never, never, NEVER!!! chase performance. (The Reformed Broker)


Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: