CK Friday Links--Friday May 16, 2014

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Let’s start off this week’s links with some great recipes:
How to make homemade Tahini. (Budget Bytes)

Hilariously cheap homemade Hard Cider. (Mr. Money Mustache)

Homemade English Muffins! (Confections of a Foodie Bride)

Sizzling Chicken with Ginger. (Monica Bhide)

Articles/Food:
Very intriguing to see agri-intellectual Mark Bittman shift his view considerably on GMOs--and admit that they’re safe. (New York Times)

Did you know that if a restaurant cuts prices you won’t like the food as much? (Science Daily)

Did you also know that veganism oppresses and disempowers women on behalf of the patriarchy? (Pacific Standard) [Ed: I gotta be honest: this article is an exceptional example of Poe’s Law. Exceptional]

Articles/Miscellaneous:
Companies actually have no idea whether their ads work or not. See also the interesting discussion in the comments. (Overcoming Bias)

“I could never be a minimalist because I have kids.” (Zen Habits)

The late Seth Roberts explains what he means by “appreciative thinking.” (Seth Roberts)

Is the USA’s debt crisis over? According to this striking chart, yep. (Bloomberg)

A system to help you remember everything you read. (Farnam Street)



Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: