CK Links--Friday August 29, 2014

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
The "no nitrates added" hoax. (Michael Ruhlman, via Addicted to Canning)

Wait... what about all the bison? A logic hole for those concerned about greenhouse gas emissions from beef cattle. (Jayson Lusk)

Intriguing post on New York City food vendors, a surprising number of which are women. (Feet in 2 Worlds)

Breakfast is overrated. (New York Times)

Interesting read on the Food Network's decline into irrelevancy. (Salon)

The Food Babe "quackmails" the preferred seasonal beverage of hipsters everywhere. Ed: Read for critical thinking practice. (Food Babe)

Yes, salt is okay. So are eggs. (The Upshot)

"Travel may seem impossible to you right now, but it's not. You just have to want it badly enough to make it a priority in your life." (Art of Non-Conformity)

What it's like to be in a plane crash. (The Neurocritic)

What percent of daytraders make money? Cue laughter. (TraderFeed)

A renaissance in personal blogging. (A VC)

First, the main principle: the mind wants comfort, and is afraid of discomfort and change. (Zen Habits)


Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: