CK Links--Friday February 20, 2015

A quick update for readers: there won't be any links post next Friday, I'll be travelling. Enjoy this week's links from around the internet! As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Intriguing health concepts from other cultures. (Mark's Daily Apple)

You think the English language is in decline? Get in line. (The Economist)

"Causal illusions" don't just cement erroneous ideas in the mind (and make us vulnerable to quackery). They also prevent new, non-erroneous information from reaching us. (FiveThirtyEight)

It's time to expose the myths of the benefits of electric cars. (USA Today)

A very simple way to think about personal finance, and all you really need to learn. (Early Retirement Extreme)

Ever heard of the "uncanny valley"? Ten creepy examples. (Stranger Dimensions)

Reporters need to be smarter when it comes to numbers. (The Big Picture)

Bonus: How to filter out the noise when doing your investment reading. (The Big Picture)

If you're looking to learn more about economics and economic policy, this is the blog list for you. (Bloomberg)

"It is up to me now to choose how to live out the months that remain to me." Compelling essay. (New York Times)


Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: