CK Links--Friday December 25, 2015

To all my readers who celebrate it, I'd like to wish you a very merry Christmas.

And don't forget, the easiest way to support Casual Kitchen is to buy your items at Amazon using the various links here. Just click over to Amazon, and EVERY purchase you make during that visit pays a modest affiliate commission to support my work here. Best of all, this comes at zero extra cost to you.

As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
A really useful guide to old-school NYC Jewish Delicatessens. Makes me really want some pastrami. (Eater)

You may cut back on eating shrimp after reading this article. (Washington Post)

Bonus: Do more things alone. (Washington Post)

How the Mast brothers tricked us into paying $10 a bar for crappy hipster chocolate. (Quartz, via Alosha's Kitchen)

Related: Is "Fair Trade" really fair? (Casual Kitchen)

Financial advice for my new son. Excellent post. (The Motley Food)

Bonus: Why every generation thinks the next generation sucks. (The Motley Fool)

Five intriguing ideas so people won’t ever intimidate you again. (Pick the Brain)

This is how you generate a hell of a lot more ideas. (99u)

Duty or freedom? Which path calls to you now? (Steve Pavlina)

You can use a trigger warning to skip class in college nowadays! I went to university in the wrong era, clearly. (Pacific Standard)

How many miles should you run per week? Fewer than you think. (NY Times)

What they don’t teach you in business school. Couldn’t agree more with this article. (A Wealth of Common Sense)

Internet famous, yet barely scraping by. (Fusion)


Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

1 comment:

chacha1 said...

The Mast Brothers thing is pretty outrageous. Not a fan of posers, and frankly not a fan of beards in kitchens.

I'll admit to a high cutoff price for chocolate but have never been sufficiently lunatic to pay $10 for a bar.