CK Links--Friday January 15, 2016

Links from around the internet.

Don't forget: The easiest way to support Casual Kitchen is to buy your items at Amazon using the various links here. Just click over to Amazon, and EVERY purchase you make during that visit pays a modest affiliate commission to support my work here. Best of all, this comes at zero extra cost to you. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************

First, a few recipe links:
Easy Egg Drop Soup. (Eating Rules)

Ten top favorite potato recipes! (Idaho Potato)

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies. "The best cookies I've ever made period." (Alosha's Kitchen)

Articles:
Why they don't grow sugar in Hawaii any more. (ABC)

MSG got a bad rap, thanks to junk science and xenophobia. (Five Thirty Eight)

What unites all food reformers, says the author of the book Eating Right in America, isn't the diets they recommend but rather the religious fervor of the people recommending them. (Jayson Lusk)

Scientists can "p-hack" their way to any dietary conclusion they want these days. (Five Thirty Eight)

Wild. How two characters from The Simpsons managed to publish a paper in a peer-reviewed scientific journal. (Slate)

We are in the throes of a new form of "moral panic." (The Hindu)

Scientists share short essays on what they consider the most interesting recent scientific news. (Edge)






Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love the article about MSG. I wasn't aware that was all myth and nonsense. Thanks for the link.