CK Links--Friday February 19, 2016

Links!

Don't forget: The easiest way to support Casual Kitchen is to buy your items at Amazon using the various links here. Just click over to Amazon, and EVERY purchase you make during that visit pays a modest affiliate commission to support my work here. Best of all, this comes at zero extra cost to you. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!


*************************
This week, let's start off with some easy and intriguing recipes:
Leblebi, or North African Chickpea Stew. (Alexandra's Kitchen)

Fiery Vegetarian Dan Dan Noodles. (Eats Well With Others)

Easy Cast Iron Roasted Cauliflower. (Dad Cooks Dinner)

Three delicious low-sodium sauces. (Sodium Girl)

Twenty--count 'em, twenty!--Chili recipes. (Slow Roasted Italian)

Articles:
I wore the exact same outfit every day for a year. Here's what I learned. (Nadia Eghbal)

Just because people express an opinion on GMOs (and other food issues) in surveys, it doesn't mean they actually have an opinion. (Jayson Lusk)

What it's really like working for minimum wage. (Unz Review)

Then again, you should work a minimum wage job, at least twice in your life. Here's why. (Financial Samurai)

The man who drives all his cars for free. Useful, profitable and counterintuitive ideas about car ownership here! (Mister Money Mustache)

Interesting (and disturbing) story about political bias and censorship in modern publishing. (Nick Cole)

Last, a book recommendation: Risk Savvy by Gerd Gigerenzer

A useful and highly readable book teaching "risk literacy": a set of skills and tools to navigate the modern era of risk and uncertainty. Chapter 10 alone is worth it for giving readers a deeper and more sophisticated understanding of health care statistics--and how they can be badly misused (this chapter gave me an utterly different perspective on prostate cancer screenings). I've already put three of Gigerenzer's many other books on my reading list, including Gut Feelings, Adaptive Thinking and Calculated Risks. Risk Savvy changed how I think, which is one of the highest compliments I can pay. Highly recommended.








Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: