CK Links--Friday March 11, 2016

Links!

Don't forget: The easiest way to support Casual Kitchen is to buy your items at Amazon using the various links here. Just click over to Amazon, and EVERY purchase you make during that visit pays a modest affiliate commission to support my work here. Best of all, this comes at zero extra cost to you. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
"We can't keep losing farms and farmland!" bleats a Cornell agri-intellectual. (The Hill)

On the contrary, the farm data isn't dire in the least. (Jayson Lusk)

Subtle truths about fasting that nobody talks about. (Vox)

BMI is a terrible measure. (FiveThirtyEight)

Related: Your body weight is a terrible measure too. (Casual Kitchen)

Interesting article on the short, pointless life of the heavily-marketed beverage Zima. (Mental Floss)

"Today I did 63 pushups." Excellent psychological insights here. (50by25)

This isn't a preachy list of the miraculous health benefits of giving up alcohol. (Greatist)

Book Recommendation: Damn Right: Behind the Scenes with Berkshire Hathaway Billionaire Charlie Munger by Janet Lowe

Useful, interesting biography of one of my investing heroes, Charlie Munger. Munger is an unusual guy, with a personality that's hard to pigeonhole: part acerbic wit, part gruff impatience but also part educator and part philanthropist. Includes a striking tidbit that Munger once gave author Robert Cialdini a share of Berkshire Hathaway stock because he liked and admired Cialdini's work. Recall that we've discussed the ideas in Cialdini's book before here at CK and we're big fans of Cialdini's pro-consumer thinking too.




Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: