An Admission of Mindless Eating Guilt

Today's post is more of an admission of guilt than anything else. I'd like to publicly admit that Laura and I pretty much broke every one of the rules in my own Ten Strategies to Stop Mindless Eating.

Well, we actually only broke nine of the ten rules. Technically speaking, we followed rule #10.

But just to show that we can break nine out of ten rules as well as the next person, I'd like to share what Laura and I bought from the grocery store last Friday night:

1 lb of dark chocolate M&Ms (not dark enough if you ask me)
1 4.5 ounce Cadbury Royal Dark chocolate bar
1 box of Dark Chocolate Haagen Dazs bars
1 pint of Haagen Dazs Chocolate Peanut Butter ice cream
1 pint of Ben & Jerry's S'mores ice cream
1 pint of Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream
1 pint of Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie ice cream

You'll note that there are no vegetables on this list, no inexpensive yet healthy dried beans, no generic foods, or anything else that's laughably cheap.

And we didn’t just BUY all this stuff either. We proceeded to plop ourselves down in front of the TV and start in on eating it. That’s of course a direct breach of rule #2.

Guess who felt loagy and had crazy dreams last weekend?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haagen Daz Chocolate Peanut Butter is THE BEST ice cream in the world!

Anonymous said...

Mr Sticky fingers says....

I like to eat ice cream on those hot days in the city. Any drips that land on me the dogs gets to lick-off!

Anonymous said...

You might want to check your spelling.

From Answers.com:
Logy (low-gee),from the Dutch word log.
1. Characterized by lethary, sluggishness
2. slow to react, stunned or confused (as if from blows or drunkenness or exhaustion)

From Urban Dictionary:
Loagy:
Somebody who reckons that they have a six pack, walks around saying 'look at my sixpack', But then it actually turns out that he is gay and fat.

Daniel said...

Good lord.

Okay, whoever Mr. (or Ms.) Interested Party is, you made me LAUGH, so thank you. :)

Agreed that I spell "logy" incorrectly. But believe it or not I do it by design. "Loagy" just seems more.... more onomatopoeic.

But I'm relieved to know the REAL definition of "loagy" once and for all. I'll use the word carefully going forward, especially if I inappropriately reckon that I have a six-pack.

DK