CK Friday Links--Friday April 9, 2010

Here's yet another selection of interesting links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts and your feedback.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Nine easy tricks to save $1,000 a year on coffee. (Almost Frugal) My tip: don't buy Kona.

You can minimize indigestion and gastric distress by avoiding certain combinations of foods in a meal. Counterintuitive and interesting. (Choosing Raw)

The protein myth. (HLife, via @RawSungoddess)

A surprising tip for getting sticky dough off of bowls and utensils once you're done baking. (A Year in Bread)

Don't bother with the over-processed white flour on your supermarket shelf--try grinding your own grains instead! (Like a Bubbling Brook)

Recipe Links:
Have any leftover ham from Easter? Here's a laughably easy Ham and Chickpea Soup. (Closet Cooking)

A preposterously easy Chicken Balsamico. (Stacey Snacks)

A favorite immune system booster and sore throat remedy: Garlic Honey. (Healthy Green Kitchen, via Cook Almost Anything Once)

Off-Topic Links:
Repeatedly praising your children’s intelligence won't help them reach their full potential. (Random Thoughts of a Jersey Mom)

What should you do when your emails and voicemails go unanswered? (Harvard Business Review)

Why it can be dangerous to over-automate your finances. (Consumerism Commentary)

Do you have an interesting article or recipe that you'd like to see featured in Casual Kitchen's Food Links? Send me an email!

SponsoredTweets referral badge

How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't buy kona? I'll read that one after I finish this comment.

Thanks for the link to my site. =)

Jaime G said...

Thanks for the link, Dan! :o)

Melissa said...

Love the protein myth article and Stacey's chicken.

But Jersey Mom's post has me most intrigued. I was one of those kids, far ahead of my grade level (almost skipped a few grades, but my parents nixed the idea). I was always told how smart I was, by my parents, by my teachers, by everyone I met.

And as an adult, I am admittedly lazy about achieving my goals. I never finished college. I am also slightly afraid of failure, but even more terrified of looking stupid. I also cheated once or twice in school.

Interesting!

Daniel said...

Jersey Mom, any time. That was a really insightful post.

Jaime--you are welcome. Keep the informative posts coming!

Melissa, thanks for the feedback and really glad I gave you some food for thought. Thank you for your comment!

DK