Retro Sundays

I created the Retro Sundays series to help newer readers easily navigate the very best of this blog's enormous back catalog of content. Each Retro Sundays column serves up a selection of the best articles from this week in history here at Casual Kitchen.

As always, please feel free to explore CK's Recipe Index, the Best Of Casual Kitchen page and my full Index of Posts. You can also receive my updates at Twitter.

******************************
This Week in History at Casual Kitchen:

Pasta Puttanesca (June 2007)
You'll be astounded at how easy (and inexpensive!) it is to make this distinct and truly memorable pasta sauce. One of my most popular posts from 2007.

Countdown: The Top Ten Alcoholic Drinks of Summer (June 2008)
A list of great and easy-to-make hot weather drinks. Each May and June, this post jumps to the top of my list of most-searched for articles.

Cooking Like the Stars? Don't Waste Your Money (June 2008)
The handle on Rachel Ray's frying pan catches fire during a test, and Emeril's 8-inch frying pan bends like an accordion. A textbook example of why you should never pay extra for celebrity-branded, second-order products.

How Do You Define Truly Great Restaurant Service? (June 2009)
In a restaurant hidden away in downtown Honolulu, I had the best table service of my entire life. Here's what happened.


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

No comments: