CK Friday Links--Friday August 27, 2010

Here's yet another selection of interesting links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts and your feedback.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
The fundamental hypocrisy behind the concept of "corporate social responsibility." (Food Politics). Bonus Post: The Huffington Post takes the other side.

How the diversity of products in the beverage industry is pure illusion. (Accidental Hedonist)

How to use a chef's knife with a proper claw grip. (Beyond Salmon)

17 ways to save money in the shower. (Almost Frugal)

A fascinating digital exhibit of war-era food posters. (Good-potato.com, via Freckled Citizen)

Recipe Links:
How hard can it be? Easy Roasted Lemon Potatoes. (Christie's Corner)

A delicious and impossibly easy Layered Eggplant Bake. (Thirty Bucks a Week)

An intriguing and simple Raw Spinach Bisque recipe. (The Bite Me Kitchen)

Off-Topic Links:
A powerful and deeply thought-provoking post: regrets of the dying. (Inspiration and Chai)

Some much needed common sense on global agriculture and water policy. Long, but stick with it, it's well worth it. (Greenbiz.com)

Your view of yourself is simply one perspective, and often it's an inaccurately harsh one. (Climb the Rainbow)

Do you have an interesting article or recipe that you'd like to see featured in Casual Kitchen's Food Links? Send me an email!


SponsoredTweets referral badge

How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

6 comments:

Charmian @Christie's Corner said...

Thanks for the shout out, Dan. Your links are always really interesting and I'm honoured to be mentioned.

Taz @ Climb the Rainbow said...

Thanks for the link love!

The regrets article from Inspiration and Chai was very timely for me! Keep it up!

Little Les said...

Interesting post (and comments) about the oligopolistic beverage industry. A good alternative to your primary grocery store for diversified beers is your local Irish or British pub. Going tonight! :D

Daniel said...

Charmian and Taz, you are both very welcome. Keep putting out your excellent material, both of you!

Little Les: I hear you--I could go for a diversified, non-oligopolistic beer right about now too... :)

DK

Melissa said...

The war posters and whatnot... FASCINATING. Makes me think about why we Americans eat so much potatoes too...

The regrets of the dying post is awesome as well. Amazingly, I think I only suffer from one - but that one, #1 on the list the blogger wrote, is a doozy. I have spent the last few years with a committee of other people in my head and I need to start remembering to live for myself before it's too late.

Daniel said...

Melissa, I hear you, and feel the same way about the post on regrets. It's obviously easier said than done to live your own life rather than what others want of your life. Not to mention that many people live much of their lives totally unaware that they're not living their own life. If you know what I mean.

I suppose it's a gift just to be aware of the concept.

DK