Retro Sundays

I created the Retro Sundays series to help newer readers easily navigate the very best of this blog's enormous back catalog of content. Each Retro Sundays column serves up a selection of the best articles from this week in history here at Casual Kitchen.

As always, please feel free to explore CK's Recipe Index, the Best Of Casual Kitchen page and my full Index of Posts. You can also receive my updates at Twitter.

******************************
This Week in History at Casual Kitchen:

The Pros and Cons of a High-Carb/Low-Fat Diet (November 2007)
More than a decade ago, I happily fell under the spell of Dr. Robert Hass' groundbreaking book Eat To Win, which changed everything I thought about eating and exercise. This book helped me totally rethink both my diet and my fitness.

Cookbook Review: The Cornbread Gospels (November 2008)
You'd never guess a book about cornbread could be such a joy to read. The Cornbread Gospels is an absolute goldmine of amazing recipes--more than 200, ranging from straight cornbreads, to muffins, to flapjacks, pancakes and johnnycakes, to desserts--even an enormous chapter on foods that go with cornbread. This unsung book is not to be missed.

How to Make a Simple Frittata (November 2008)
An easy dish that everyone should add to their cooking arsenal. Frittatas are laughably easy to make, they seem really fancy, and you can eat them without any implied, quiche-like threat to your manhood.

The Seven-Day Raw Foods Trial (November 2009)
Last year, in a fit of both curiosity and masochism, I decided to attempt a seven day trial of eating a 100% raw food diet. It turned out to be both a significant challenge and a highly instructive experience--and it permanently changed the way I eat. This series went on to become one of the most widely-read in Casual Kitchen's history.






How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

No comments: