CK Links--Friday September 26, 2014

Readers, a quick update: I'm going to put Friday Links posts on hiatus for the month of October while I do a little traveling. You can still expect my weekly article every Tuesday while I'm away, and I'll also moderate comments from the road. See you in a month!

Links from around the internet. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Let's start off with a few easy recipes:
Making your own Hot Sauce will change your life. (Amateur Gourmet)

Salsa Borracha or Drunken Salsa. (Mexico In My Kitchen)

Sausage, Spinach and Pepperoni Pasta Bake. (Alosha's Kitchen)

Articles:
Shockingly, National Geographic comes out in favor of GMOs. Unshockingly, they believe even with GMOs we can't prevent the coming Malthusian catastrophe. (National Geographic)
Related: More on why Malthusian logic is fatuous.

Really useful (and rational!) debate between three doctors about the best way to eat. Great stuff. (MindBodyGreen)

Why do top experts give wildly conflicting advice on salt? (Forbes)

What does it mean to "listen" to your body? (My Fitness Pal, via 50by25)

Multivitamins do more harm than good. (Greatist)

The problem with nudging. (Jayson Lusk)

Really useful videos on the NY Times website on how to master various cooking techniques. A good page to bookmark and return to. (New York Times)

Excellent site that teaches, once and for all, that correlation does not equal causation. (Tyler Vigen)

Do you have aging parents or relatives? An important list of telltale signs that they aren't "doing fine." (Ombailamos)

16 ways you cause road rage. Uh, #1, #7 and #10 are pet peeves of mine. (Wise Bread)

Four simple steps to deal with doomsday predictions. (Above the Market)

Cracking open a can of Stoicism... and sipping it all day. (Mr. Money Mustache)

Book Recommendation: Clash of the Financial Pundits: How the Media Influences Your Investment Decisions for Better or Worse by Josh Brown and Jeff Macke. Useful and readable dissection of the world of financial news and infotainment. This book helps explain what goes on behind the scenes in the financial media--and it will help you become a more sophisticated investor.




Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

Great links this week - one of those weeks I clicked on the majority of them. And thanks for the nod on my pasta bake. I made it for a potluck this weekend (doubled) and it was a HUGE hit. So easy, so good. The way food should be. ;)

Daniel said...

Thanks Melissa, both for your recipe and for the good vibes!

DK

chacha1 said...

Thanks for the link, Dan! Have a great time on the road. :-)

Daniel said...

Nah, thank YOU Chacha for writing that post. Really useful stuff.

DK