Retro Sundays

I created the Retro Sundays series to help newer readers easily navigate the very best of this blog's enormous back catalog of content. Each Retro Sundays column serves up a selection of the best articles from this week in history here at Casual Kitchen.

As always, please feel free to explore CK's Recipe Index, the Best Of Casual Kitchen page and my full Index of Posts. You can also receive my updates at Twitter.

******************************
This Week in History at Casual Kitchen:

Mastering Kitchen Setup Costs (December 2006)
In which I show how you can set up a kitchen for $150 or less by sticking to basic items. This post was picked up by The Simple Dollar, driving a lot of CK's early readership. I'll always be grateful to Trent for helping put Casual Kitchen on the map.

Eight Tips to Make Cooking At Home Laughably Cheap (December 2006)
This post gave birth to one of Casual Kitchen's best known memes, and the expression laughably cheap now describes any dish that is so cheap to cook that it literally makes you laugh out loud.

Wintry Tomato Vegetable Soup (December 2007)
An all-time favorite veggie soup recipe. Easy to make and utterly delicious.

My 2009 Cooking, Food and Diet Goals (December 2008)
Looking back on this post, I did pretty well here, although I admittedly dropped the ball on baking real, yeast-based breads. The most interesting experience of the past year? By far it was my exploration of raw foodism.

How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

No comments: