CK Links--Friday October 7, 2016

Links!

Don't forget: The easiest way to support Casual Kitchen is to buy your items at Amazon using the various links here. Just click over to Amazon, and EVERY purchase you make during that visit pays a modest affiliate commission to support my work here. Best of all, this comes at zero extra cost to you. As always, I welcome your thoughts.

PS: Follow me on Twitter!

*************************
Why is milk at the back of the grocery store? (Jayson Lusk)

Fast food sales are falling--and CK readers will like the reason why. (Business Insider)

Related: Wait: if restaurant spending now exceeds in-home food spending, why do people say it "costs too much" to eat healthy? (Casual Kitchen)

Why industrial farming is good for the environment. (New York Times)

"Almost nobody really wants advice to the level of following through. They want to complain, to feel validated, but fewer than 1 in 1,000 actually want to change their behavior. It took me 10 years to truly internalize this." (I Will Teach)

Robert Greene on Stoicism and amor fati. (The Daily Stoic)

Readers, the past week I dug up the site One Hundred Pushups (from a Friday Links Post from waaaay back in the archives) and began the program once again to increase the max number of pushups I can do. Join me! (One Hundred Pushups)

Twenty exceptional aphorisms from Nicholas Taleb's book The Bed of Procrustes. (Farnam Street)

Quit social media! (Cal Newport, via 50 by 25)






Got an interesting article or recipe to share? Want some extra traffic at your blog? Send me an email!


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
Easy. Do all your shopping at Amazon.com via the links on this site! You can also link to me or subscribe to my RSS feed. Finally, consider sharing this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to Facebook, Twitter (follow me @danielckoontz!) or to bookmarking sites like reddit, digg or stumbleupon. I'm deeply grateful to my readers for their ongoing support.

No comments: