Chocoholics Anonymous: The Chocolate Fast, Day 6

I had NO IDEA what I was getting myself into when I started this chocolate fast.

On Sunday May 6, which was day two, I think I actually experienced withdrawal symptoms. My wife will say I was just depressed because I had to go to work the next day. But we all know she doesn't understand.

I crave chocolate constantly. I'm thinking about it ALL the TIME.

And I'm getting no empathy at home either. Here's Laura's take on it:

I just don't get this no chocolate for a month thing. It's preposterous. Just don't eat any. How hard is that? What's the big deal?

And to give you an idea of how my cards are stacked gene-wise, here's what my one of my sisters had to say:

YIKES!! 30 whole days without chocolate? I made it three days once or twice... and ONE time I made it for 10 days. It sucked.

So there you go. Maybe it's the chocolate withdrawal talking here, but it sure seems like everything's against me.

Related Posts:
The Greatest Chocolate Mousse in the World
Ten Strategies to Stop Mindless Eating
An Admission of Mindless Eating Guilt
The Chocolate Gene
Chocoholics Anonymous


Kevin Jones said...

Dude! I'm sorry but you need some serious help . . .

The Sister said...

Tell Laura she'd better fake a little empathy, or she might get choked to death!!

Sean said...

Bro I'm feelin this one (maybe because we're related, I inherited the chocolate gene). :)
I've never been on a chocolate fast, it sounds like a =n idiotic thing to do.
I'm sure that was my mom who said "YIKES!! 30 whole days?...."