Retro Sundays

Readers, a quick sneak preview: this week Casual Kitchen has an important post coming up--an interview with former FDA Commissioner, and author of The End Of Overeating, Dr. David Kessler!

This is an enormous "get" for me, and while I'm an admittedly shameless Kessler fan (his book has hugely influenced the views and philosophies here at CK), I made sure to throw some tough questions at him. I think readers will enjoy his provocative responses. Look for it on Tuesday!
**************************************

This Week in History at Casual Kitchen:

Why Davis Baking Powder Put in a 23% Stealth Price Hike (December 2010)
A product we all use surreptitiously sneaks a gigantic price increase on consumers. I contact the company to find out why. Incredibly, they call me back to explain their position.

How to Whine About Big Food (December 2009)
Quite a few readers took my ironic tone literally and thus missed the point of this post. Ultimately, however, it went on to become one of 2009's most popular posts, and the first of dozens of articles I've since written on the theme of consumer empowerment.

Spicy Sauteed Beets (December 2009)
A striking and hilariously easy recipe that you can make in under 30 minutes. It's funny: this post got a collective yawn from readers when it first ran, but it's gone on to become a highly searched-for recipe.

15 Creative Tips to Avoid Holiday Overeating (December 2008)
This post contains my most powerful habits and tactics to help you control your food intake during those all-too-dangerous holiday months. Warning: a few of these tips are downright weird.

How to Team Up in the Kitchen (December 2007)
When Laura and I first got together, the kitchen was the site of some of our biggest turf battles (think two Napoleons trying to work together). Eventually, however, we figured out how to collaborate as cooks. This post reveals our best secrets.

Why I'm a Part-Time Vegetarian (December 2006)
The first post ever here at CK. It's not exactly my best writing, but it's where I haltingly outline some of my views on avoiding rigid dietary labels--and rethinking the amount of meat in the standard western diet. PS: At the end of this post there's also a bonus: a laughably cheap and easy Spanish Chickpea and Garlic Soup recipe.


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! You can also support me by purchasing items from Amazon.com via links on this site, or by linking to me or subscribing to my RSS feed. Finally, you can consider submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon. Thank you for your support!

No comments: