CK Food Links--Friday August 8, 2008

Here's yet another selection of particularly interesting food-related links from around the internet.
*************************
Post Punk Kitchen: How to Make Sauce
The garden tomatoes are ripening, and it's that time of year again: time to make SAUCE. Here's an exceptional tutorial at Post Punk Kitchen.

My Indian Food Blogroll:
Laura received two Indian cookbooks as a gift a year or two ago and since then we've been taking baby steps into this cuisine. We've probably made ten or fifteen dishes so far, a mere drop of water in the comprehensive ocean that is Indian food, and eventually we hope to share a few of the easy-to-make recipes here at Casual Kitchen.

In the meantime, I thought I'd share the four Indian food blogs that reside on my feedreader:
Holy Cow!--vegan Indian recipes.
My Kitchen and Beyond--eclectic, easy Indian food.
Salt and Spice--meat- and fish-based recipes.
One Page Cookbooks for the First Time Cook--one of the most intriguing sites I've seen in a while. Every post is a one-page grid of various ingredients that can be combined together into a large number of recipes. Literally a one page cookbook. I could stare at these posts all day long.

And finally, here's the latest food blog I've completely fallen in love with: Rice and Beans: A Belizean in DC. Great stories about Belize, some interesting Belizean recipes, and an eclectic collection of other recipes as well. For a couple of particularly appetizing posts, try Salmon Salad with Roasted Summer Vegetables and Belizean Stewed Beans.


How can I support Casual Kitchen?
If you enjoy reading Casual Kitchen, tell a friend and spread the word! Another way you can support me is by submitting this article, or any other article you particularly enjoyed here, to bookmarking sites like del.icio.us, digg or stumbleupon.

4 comments:

The P & A Food Chronicles said...

thanx for the blogroll.. i love indian cuisine!! i buy tandoris all the time, but thats about it... i hope i can do some more dishes!! thanx!!

Daniel said...

Thanks P&A! I appreciate the feedback and I'm glad you found it helpful.

DK

Anonymous said...

Dan:

Look for "A Surti Touch" by Malvi Doshi for a great Indian cookbook with some good recipes...surti style. My favorite...I'm not sure its still in print, but I've seen it on Amazon.....

Tell Laura I miss her

Daniel said...

Hi Janet!

Thanks for your comment and for the cookbook suggestion. I'll check it out.

PS: Laura misses you too :)